semester 1 final

Projects this semester 

     We did three projects this semester. I came to this class late because I was previously in convergence journalism. I came to this class while we were doing the six shot system, this was video assignment one, and I just hopped into a group. we did ours over silly putty. I helped with lights and I acted. this project took around two weeks. some challenges we faced is that we used a blanket for the background and it wouldn't stay up, but eventually we got it.
     We did a Levis commercial. our idea was we based it off of a scene from Spiderman three. for this I was casting director and I acted in it. I feel like we did a really good job on it. our cinematographer and colorist did a really good job on making it look good. we were organized and got our project done on time.
  My current project is the short film. this project is longer because we all had to write treatments, and then tho chosen ones would need a script. my groups short film was originally going to be about a kid who commits suicide and he is shown different parts of this life that determine weather or not he is going to hell. we couldn't get actors for this film and we have a new idea (where we only need to actors so tbt).
    For our short film, he all had to make a treatment. mine was about a couple people who investigate the misterys of an unknown forest. treatments took a while to finish. After we presented, we all voted and I voted on Jadens idea so we could turn it into a short film.
     We also did a film real. sense I didn't do the first project, I only had the commercial and some projects I did sophomore year. I had clips that matched the music but that's basically it. next year it will be more updated with fresh and better clips.
   
time used in class

     I feel like this semester I haven't really done much during class time. I couldn't really tell if this class was for me or not. I knew that I liked film so video in general would be good but I couldn't really find what I wanted to do in it, until I realized that documentarian was a thing in entertainment. so far during class time I just have worked on assignments that was due, and then when I was done I didn't really do much. On the other hand, I feel like next semester will be more productive because I have an assignment I can put heart into. recently I did work out of class by filming the casting call. I stayed productive when I finished by thinking about what I can do for the documentary.

strengths 

     My strengths are that I am good with organization, and planning in my head and on paper. I maximize my strengths by putting in effort. I need to improve my time management skills. I plan to improve this by not getting lazy or unmotivated during class or outside of class. sometimes I work best when the deadlines are close but other times its very unconvient, which is why I need to change my overall technique of getting things done.

Guest speakers and their impact

In this class I have had the opportunity to talk to many guest speakers. my favorite was Morgan Cooper. I learned that the first step to getting anywhere is by just picking up a camera. he told us stories about how he got to where he was in life and it was very motivational. He taught me that things are possible, and not to bring myself down before I have even started.

all American high school film festival

In October, we went to New York City to attend the all American high school film festival. we watched many videos that were made by students and at the teen indie awards we could see where their effort and visions lead them. i learned that you don't have to be an adult to be up on a stage with a huge amount of people watching and handed an award. I also learned that the small details in these students films are important and made their film on another level.

production role for our upcoming feature film

My role for the new film, as I said before, is documaterian. I get to share this role with Jaden, and with our two minds together I'm sure it will be great. we have already started in filming some of the post production. we filmed parts of the script reading and casting call. I am very excited for next semester.

summary

This semester my favorite parts were being able to connect with people that have the same interest as me. I wish I started off in this class so I didn't feel as disconnected as I did at the beginning, and I also would have gotten to do the first project. my overall teaching from this semester is that I have a chance to be able to make it in any industry I choose to pursue.

film real
Silly putty

levis commercial



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior final

Ecomm Final Project