Senior final

     My past four years with the eCommunications academy was overall an amazing and unique experience. freshman year I remember having a big interest in video and graphic design, but I wasn't so into animation and web. I made some great friends freshman year and that followed into my sophomore year. obviously, I chose video and graphic design. I had a lot of fun following tutorials and creating art I could be proud of in graphic design and I loved making music video remakes and doing mini cover stories. at the end of the sophomore year, I decided to go into convergence journalism. I didn't really connect with the people in that class and within a week I switched to entertainment video. I loved the people in my new class but a part of me always kind of wished I stayed in journalism because that has been something I've been into since middle school. however, I did find something I loved in entertainment and that was my role as a documentarian in that year's feature film. with covid, I never got to finish it and edit together but it was a fun experience and I really enjoyed it. senior year, we started off online and it wasn't exactly my favorite. I had a lot of fun when it switched to hybrid and I got to be in the classroom and I could focus a lot more, but when we went fully back in person, I switched to online because at that point in time I wasn't vaccinated and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be in full classrooms. even though this tough year, I feel like I have excelled in being an artist. 

    The five guarantees for eCommunications are Technical Skills, Communication, Collaboration, Leadership, and Project Management. for technical skills, I learned how to use adobe illustrator and premier pretty well, I made my own website and made my own blog. this was important because my favorite role was editing and I used premiere. I did face challenges along the way but luckily there is the internet to help me out. for communication, we always had to come up to the class to present our project and for the movie Monday. this helped with making me less scared to present in front of people. I was at first but after two years I got lots of practice. for collaboration, we worked in teams for every project. we divided ourselves into production roles and we created our project together. for leadership, we learned how to take charge of our production role and we understood our responsibility that we had for our group. finally, for project management, we had due dates, guidelines, and personal goals that we abide by. 

    My greatest strength I think would be collaboration. I feel like I am really good at working with my group and respecting other people's ideas and also being able to give constructive criticism and providing my group with my own ideas and doing my production roll well. my greatest weakness is time management and I am continuing to strive to improve. 

    When I graduate, I am going to attend JCCC do get all of my gen eds done, and then go to the school of business at KU. my parents own their own company and I have and will continue to use what I have learned in this class to make videos for our company and take photos of our product as well as other main skills like leadership, collaboration, and technical skills. I am so happy that I got accepted into this academy because it grew me as an artist and a person overall. I cant wait to use all of the skills I've learned as I continue to grow.

    We have done many projects in these past two years. my top three favorites is my 2021 film real, Japanese denim music video, and the lipstick commercial. For the 2021 film real, I chose it as one of my top three because I feel like it showed all of my best work from these past two years in entertainment video. it took me about an hour and a half to make. one of the challenges I faced was trying to get one of the videos to fit correctly, but I figured it out. I learned more about editing overall. I received no constructive criticism for this project but I did get told that it showed who I am as an artist well. I had a lot of fun and I feel like I did a good job editing it together. for my next project, the Japanese denim music video, this was a video from my junior year. it took us around 2 weeks to make and the only challenge we faced was figuring out a plot for the music video during pre-production. We were told that it was cinematic. the last project is the lipstick commercial from this year that I acted in. it was the most fun in my opinion to film and it really got me out of my comfort zone. it took us around 2 weeks to make. a challenge we faced was we changed plots the day that we filmed and we decided to go in a different direction. I loved this project the most.
    
    I used my time outside of class while we were filming projects overall pretty well. whenever I had a project I was editing I would always research something about the editing process so I would learn more every time. again my strength is collaboration and my weakness is time management. I constantly work with others at work and at school and I am always growing in that area. for time management I have been getting better at planning ahead of time and making myself personal schedules. 

    for this year's feature film my production role was set, designer. I would text the class group chat and see if any they had anything that we could use as props to save costs and time and I would design the set based off of the time period and scene. towards the end, I was out of town and could not do my job as well but luckily we had a great art director that always helped out.

    this year my most favorite thing was when we were in hybrid learning and I was comfortable and loved talking in class and I think that was my one favorite out of all my four years. if I could do anything differently it would be to stay in person even though I have been more productive in other areas as an online student. my overall take away from this year was learning how to speak out to people I don't normally talk to. one goal I would want to set for myself as I begin my life outside of high school is to never stop learning. I want Mrs. smith to know I appreciate all of the time and care you put into this class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

semester 1 final

Ecomm Final Project